Charles A. Bird
Mr. Bird is the Founder and President of Bird, Stevens & Borgen, P.C. since 1987. He has extensive experience in agricultural commercial loss litigation and products liability. Mr. Bird has litigated more than 50 jury cases (many greater than a 3 weeks in length) to verdict before courts in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa and has been involved in over 100 appeals.
Mr. Bird has been married for 41 years and has 3 children.
- Commercial Litigation 50%
- Personal Injury 25%
- Workers' Compensation 25%
- Wisconsin, 1975
- Minnesota, 1973
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1973
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1975
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1975
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1995
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1996
- Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers, Dean Emeritus, 1991 to Present
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Member Amicus Committee, 1979 to Present
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member (ongoing) / Chair, Civil Litigation Section (2013-2014), 1974 to Present
- Minnesota Supreme Court , Advisory Committee on the Rules of Civil Procedure, 2005 to 2013
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Federal Bar Association, 2005 to Present
- American Association for Justice
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Olmsted County Bar Association
- SuperLawyer - Minnesota
- Minnesota Attorney of the Year - Minnesota Lawyer
- Siewert v. Northern States Power Co., 793 NW 2d 272, 2011, Minn
- Martin ex rel. Hoff v. City of Rochester, 642 NW 2d 1, 2002, Minn.
- Vikse v. Flaby, 316 NW 2d 276, 1982, Minn
- Schmidt v. Northern States Power Co., 305 Wis. 2d 538, 742 N. W. 294 , 2007, Wis.
- Kronebusch v. M.V.B.A. Harvestor System, Inc., 488 NW 2d 490, 1992, Minn. Ct. App.
- Medicaid Liens: Martin, Ahlborn & Beyond
- Minnesota Trial Magazine, Volume 32 (1) Winter, 2007
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- B.S. - 1970
- Major: Business Finance
- Major: Accounting
- Founder & Managing Partner, 1987