Charles A. Bird
Mr. Bird is the Founder and President of Bird, Jacobsen and Stevens P.C. since 1987. He has extensive experience in agricultural commercial loss litigation and products liability. Mr. Bird has litigated more than 50 jury cases (many greater than a 3 weeks in length) to verdict before courts in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa and has been involved in over 100 appeals.
Mr. Bird has been married for 41 years and has 3 children.
- Commercial Litigation 50%
- Personal Injury 25%
- Workers' Compensation 25%
- Wisconsin, 1975
- Minnesota, 1973
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1973
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1975
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1975
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1995
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1996
- Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers, Dean Emeritus, 1991 to Present
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Member Amicus Committee, 1979 to Present
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member (ongoing) / Chair, Civil Litigation Section (2013-2014), 1974 to Present
- Minnesota Supreme Court , Advisory Committee on the Rules of Civil Procedure, 2005 to 2013
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Federal Bar Association, 2005 to Present
- American Association for Justice
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Olmsted County Bar Association
- SuperLawyer - Minnesota
- Minnesota Attorney of the Year - Minnesota Lawyer
- Siewert v. Northern States Power Co., 793 NW 2d 272, 2011, Minn
- Martin ex rel. Hoff v. City of Rochester, 642 NW 2d 1, 2002, Minn.
- Vikse v. Flaby, 316 NW 2d 276, 1982, Minn
- Schmidt v. Northern States Power Co., 305 Wis. 2d 538, 742 N. W. 294 , 2007, Wis.
- Kronebusch v. M.V.B.A. Harvestor System, Inc., 488 NW 2d 490, 1992, Minn. Ct. App.
- Medicaid Liens: Martin, Ahlborn & Beyond
- Minnesota Trial Magazine, Volume 32 (1) Winter, 2007
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- B.S. - 1970
- Major: Business Finance
- Major: Accounting
- Founder & Managing Partner, 1987