Van P. Jacobsen
Van Jacobsens primary area of practice involves representing clients on workers compensation matters or clients who have been denied social security disability benefits. Mr. Jacobsen has successfully represented workers compensation clients before the Workers Compensation Court of Appeals and the Minnesota Supreme Court. Additionally, he has successfully represented social security claimants at the hearing level, Appeals Council level and in Federal District Court.
He additionally practices in the area of equine law. He has been designated as a Leading Minnesota Attorney and has been listed in Who's Who in American Law. Mr Jacobsen also serves on the Board of Directors for the Arabian Horse Association and is chair of their Ethical Practice Review Board.
He has been named a Leading Minnesota Attorney by the American Research Corporation, and in 2003 he was named, for the third consecutive year, a Super Lawyer by Law & Politics magazine.
- Social Security
- Workers' Compensation
- Equine Law
- General Civil
- Minnesota Supreme Court, 1982
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, 2014
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Olmsted County Bar Association
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- Sustaining member National Organization for Social Security Claimant’s Representatives
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1982
- University of Minnesota
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- Honors: cum laude
- Managing Attorney