Legal Representation In Minnesota And Wisconsin
Protect Your Rights And Your Future Against Criminal Charges
A criminal conviction can have numerous negative effects on your life. Among the possibilities are a prison or jail sentence, a large fine and a serious mark on your record that can lead to major adverse effects. For example, having a criminal record can create roadblocks for future opportunities such as jobs, loans, housing and other important life events — not to mention tarnishing your reputation and your family life. Being charged with a crime is stressful and overwhelming. You are probably feeling uncertain and worried about what the outcome of your case will be. If you or a family member has been charged with a felony, gross misdemeanor or misdemeanor in Minnesota, we can help. Obtaining experienced legal advice right away can have a huge effect on the outcome of your case.
We Fight Aggressively For Our Clients’ Rights
The law firm of Bird, Jacobsen & Stevens, P.C. based in Rochester, Minnesota, is first and foremost a litigation firm. We offer strong representation for your criminal defense. Our experience in court means we know how prosecutors think. We have argued many criminal cases in front of a judge and jury. We have also obtained positive criminal defense results in many cases for our clients. Call our law office for a free consultation about your case today at 507-218-2392.
Assisting Clients Facing Many Types Of Criminal Charges
Any criminal charge should be taken seriously. We can help you if your case involves any criminal charges, including:
- Drunk driving charges or DWI arrest in Minnesota for first-time or subsequent offenses
- Drug charges related to possession, distribution or trafficking of marijuana, prescription drugs or other controlled substances
- Sex crimes such as sexual assault
- Assault and battery
- Weapons charges
- Domestic violence charges
- Property crimes such as theft or burglary
- Fraud or another white collar crime
What To Do If You’ve Been Charged With A Crime
If you find yourself suddenly charged with a crime, there are things you can do to control the negative circumstances you find yourself facing such as:
- Remain silent. Do not talk to the police until you have talked to an attorney. Miranda Rights allow you to remain silent. Law enforcement will be looking for evidence to use against you, including statements you make. Don’t hurt your chances by speaking to them when you legally don’t have to.
- Retain legal counsel. Contact an attorney right away or have your loved ones contact an attorney for you. The sooner you do this, the better chance your attorney has of controlling how to proceed with your defense.
Your Consultation Is Free And Confidential
If you or your loved one needs a strong criminal defense lawyer, contact Bird, Jacobsen & Stevens, P.C. We offer a free, confidential evaluation of your case. Call our office in Rochester at 507-218-2392. You can also email the firm.